Musical Drumming is a set of drum tuition book and CD packages designed to maximise the ability and progress of all students from beginner to advanced. There are three books in the series.
Teaches the basics of drum kit playing. Ideal for primary school aged children and year seven students.
Beginner level book ideal for mature aged students, secondary school students and students that have completed book one.
An accomplished level book ideal for students who have finished book two and any competent drummers looking to improve their playing and understanding of advanced rhythms grooves and time signatures.
Music itself has nothing to do with the physical dexterity required to play it. It is about communicating with sounds and words. However, to communicate effectively you must master your language. The Musical Drumming series of books has come about from a desire to teach the language of music, and to inspire the creative use of it. In short to produce musical drummers.
To accomplish this vision I have defined for myself a number of specific goals. They are:
· To teach in a thorough and logical progression of difficulty.
· To be application oriented by applying everything students learn to pieces of music.
· To be relevant and contemporary by supplying numerous transcriptions of songs.
· To encourage good technique through the use of rudiments.
· To encourage, and inform students how to practise.
· To instruct students how to read drum charts.
· To offer practical instruction and philosophy to the beginner drummer.
· To make music fun and interesting.
· Ultimately to produce competent, performance ready, musical drummers.
Each book comes with its own CD. The CD's contain two versions of each song, one to hear how the song goes, the other, without the drums for the student to play along with. The play along tracks form an integral part of the learning process converting theoretical skills into practical usable skills.
Available from your local music store or contact AMPD on 1300 365 513 (or outside Australia +61 3 8415 8000) or firstname.lastname@example.org for your closest retailer.